I don't have a lot of time for blogging this week, but I wanted to get a couple of quicky posts in before that big boulder called "work" rolls over me.
Thrifty Mommy has posted this week's Carnival of the Recipes, and WHOOPS, I missed the fact that the theme was Mexican food. Oh well. My Cream Cheese Fruit Tarts will make a nice soothing dessert for those spicy meals. Heheh. A couple of other notables:
- The hubs will probably like Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew from World Famous Recipes.
- KeeWee's Chicken Mole looks delish. What's a mole, anyway? I mean, other than a small brown burrower.
- I wanted to have a look at Peggy Hall's six-layer dip, but the link seems to be dead right now. I'll leave the link here in case it resuscitates later.
- Here's a great, sooper easy, sooper quick dip recipe from Michele at Meanderings: Super Bowl Taco Dip. Definitely gonna try this for my next party.
- Boy do these look good: Cocoa Candied Pecans from Men in Aprons. I wonder how this would taste using cashews?
- Best is last: Triticale - The Wheat/Rye Guy has a recipe for gooey chocolate chip cookies that WILL be tried this week, absolutely, no doubt.
Coming up - I will be hosting the pre-Valentine's Day Carnival right here, so get your favorite Valentine's Day recipes out and post them here or by sending email to recipe(dot)carnival(at)gmail(dot)com by noon CST on Saturday!