Before this day ends, marking the LAST DAY of National Caffeine Awareness Month®, I feel it behooves me to explain why I haven't paid more attention to it. You'd think, on a blog about coffee, tea and chocolate, I would have mentioned it more than once, but the fact is, this particular "campaign" is ANTI caffeine.
The phrase "National Caffeine Awareness Month®" is actually trademarked by these folx, and that means you gotta use the little R behind it, lest you get yer butt in trouble. I notice hardly anybody does, but that's what it says on the Caffeine Awareness website. The campaign has been sponsored by a soy-based coffee producer, Soy Coffee, which they recommend we switch to in lieu of the badbad (but oh-so-good) caffeinated products.
Whatever. Here are some previous posts and interesting links about caffeine:
- Caffeine Calculator - from the same Caffeine Awareness website. It'd be interesting to compare their results with other lists online, for instance
- Erowid Caffeine Vault - Caffeine Content of Beverages, Foods, & Medications
- Caffeine Comparison Chart - from about.com
- All About Caffeine - from answers.com
- Killed By Caffeine - a humorous calculator from the Energy Fiend
- A rebbutal from a coffee fan - read this, but see me for the "where to send"
- Another rebbutal
- And another - The War on Caffeine - from Energy Fiend's Caffeine archives
- Caffeine and Chocolate
- Caffeine Makes You Wanna ...
- Can't Get Enough Caffeine?
- SperoNews Article: Activists warn of dangers from caffeine addiction
- And last but not least, a bump to our favorite hymn of all time: "O Blessed Holy Caffeine Tree" by our buddy D of Third World County
That's it for me, I'm fully caffeinated for the evening, so ... good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow!