Most of the U.S. is celebrating the arrival of Fall, but we're still in the triple digits here, so it's hard for me to think of Summer as done and gone. I'm still staying indoors during the day, and drinking cooler-type drinks in the afternoons. So, even though it may be a bit late for some, my Choco Friday offering this week is a salute to summer with a gathering of Chocolate Cooler recipes.
First up, a bump to my own Espresso-Ice Cocoaccino recipe. Espresso ice is nice. In creamy cocoa, even better.
Next, a recipe I stole and modified. I've morped what was a delicious coffee milkshake recipe, originally by Merrie Schonbach for Beans and Bears (found via Coffee, Tea or Blog), into a SUPER delicious CHOCOLATE coffee milkshake recipe:
Chocolate Coffee Milkshake
* 1 pint of Chocolate ice cream
* 2 teaspoons finely ground coffee
* 1/2 cup light rum (optional)
* 4 to 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
* Chocolate shavings
Spoon coffee ice cream into blender. Add rum and finely ground coffee. Blend on high until creamy smooth. Pour into tall glasses, adding a scoop of the vanilla ice cream to each glass. Top with whipped cream if you like. Sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top.
And another of Merrie's concoctions ...
* 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee
* 1 pint of vanilla ice cream, softenend
* 6 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
* 1 cup prepared cold coffee
Blend hot coffee and chocolate syrup in blender. Blend until smooth. Cool the mixture to room temperature. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the softened ice cream and cold coffee. With a rotary beater, beat until smooth. Spoon into tall glasses and serve immediately.
Must try this, from Barista Guru:
Ice Cream Parlor Mocha Sodas
* 1/2 cup hot water coffee
* 8 teaspoons finely ground
* 2 cups milk
* 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
* 1 quart club soda
* Sweetened whipped cream or prepared whipped topping
Place hot water in a medium-sized pitcher. Stir in coffee. finely ground into a powder texture, until dissolved. Stir in milk. Place 1 scoop or ice cream in each of 4 ice cream soda glasses. Pour coffee/milk mixture equally into each glass. Fill glasses almost to brim with club soda. Top with sweetened whipping cream or prepared whipped topping. Serves 4.
- Brazilian Iced Chocolate from Kris of of Anywhere But Here
- Chocolate Cherry Cooler from Cooks Recipes
- Chocolate Mint Sipper from Cooks Recipes
- Chocolate Fudge Shake from DrinksMixer.com. Non-alcoholic, but still, could be deadly. It uses fudge brownies. !!
Alright, I guess that's enough to keep ME cool at least through the end of October, and by then it'll be time to start the yummy hot drinks.