Just for D at ThirdWorldCounty, who wants to be able to fit through the kitchen door...
Low Fat Chocolate Recipes - From Low Fat Lifestyle. This is a great collection of recipes from a woman who obviously knows wherein she speaks. For general low fat substitutes, she recommends substituting cocoa for bakers chocolate, or even better, use dutch process cocoa (smoother and less harsh than regular cocoa). She also recommends using applesauce and prune puree (baby food prunes work well) as substitutes for the fat ingredients in other recipes.
No Fat / Low Fat Chocolate Recipes - From Recipe*zaar. Not sure about this collection, the search filter may not work properly. There are WAY too many regular (high fat) chocolate recipes on the list. I pulled out a few of the low fat recipes that looked interesting to try later: No Fat Chocolate Zucchini Cake, Creamy Chocolate Puddingand, since I gotta have brownies, Healthy Fudgy Brownies
Low Fat Rocky Road Fudge Bars - From Recipe Goldmine. This sounds so good, my mouse is waddling. The Chocolate Caramel Bars sound good too. (They have an assortment of low fat recipes here. Low fat fettuccine alfredo!? I gotta try this one too.)
There, that ought to keep you busy for a while. :)
Some additional low fat cooking tips from World Famous Recipes:
- Replace butter with polyunsaturated margarine, with liquid oil listed as first ingredient
- Replace unsweetened chocolate with 3 tbs. unsweetened cocoa plus 1 tbs. salad
oil per ounce chocolate
- For eggs, use 1 egg plus 2 egg whites for every 2 eggs OR use egg substitute.
- Instead of ice cream use frozen lowfat or nonfat yogurt, sorbet or ice milk.
- Instead of whole milk use lowfat (1% or 2%) or nonfat milk
- Substitute sour cream with plain lowfat or nonfat yogurt, or lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese - blended until smooth.
What? No substitutes for cream cheese???? How will I manage?
Heh. That's IF I ever decide to eat healthy or low fat.
Yeah right. Ok. We now return you to your regularly scheduled NON-healthy lifestyle.