Two shots in one here, hopefully coherent, but the odds are against me as I had a late night and early morning and I'm still on my first cuppa.
First shot: The 41st Carnival of the Recipes is up for viewing!
I'm arriving a little late to the party; my CCCCCC recipe is my very first Carnival entry. I've missed forty-one weeks of delicious recipes! I'll have to speed read to catch up, but FIRST, this week's Carnival. Hosted by Fresh as a Daisy, there are some mouthwatering recipes shared here! Whoever thought of this idea gets a gold star! What a great way to share recipes in the blogosphere!
(I started with the desserts and worked my way backward. I do that in real life too. One of the benefits of being a pretend-grown-up... But the main dishes all sound good too, and the salads, and ... erm, ahm, ok, moving on ...)
Second shot: David at thirdworldcounty tagged me for a movie meme, and since I LOVE movies ... well, ok, technically this is a "DVD" meme. About 1/2 my movie collection is still VHS, so this isn't an accurate picture of my movie obsession.
1. The number of DVD's I own:
Not sure, at least 200, maybe 220.
2. The last DVD I bought:
My latest shipment from Amazon arrived yesterday. On the truck:
Singles - I'll be posting about this one soon in CTC in the Movies
The Ninth Gate- Johnny Depp and old books, where's my drool cup
The Man Who Cried - more Johnny Depp
Cabaret- I love the music & choreography, and the blend of delightful and disturbing(there I go again)
3. The last DVD I watched:
You KNOW what I was doing last night. I made it through 2 of the new ones. Singles, and then stayed up way too late watching Cabaret.
4. 5 movies that I watch a lot or mean a lot to me:
- Citizen X - a dark and fascinating movie, not superbly acted (Donald Sutherland's accent is atrocious), but I'm drawn to the story over and over again. Does that mean I'm disturbed? Probably.
- Chocolat - I already wrote about why I love this movie
- Gosford Park - I watch this one over and over again, here's why
- The Stand - Pretty close to the Stephen King novel, I watch this one over and over again too. Something fascinates me about end of the world scenarios, how people respond and survive, etc. Cripes. Showing my darker side here. Again.
- Shakespeare in Love - A visual feast, and a luscious love story
Well, it's taken me 2 whole cuppa's to finish this post, and I still haven't figured out who to tag. #5 on the list is tag 5 more people. I don't know, once again, if you want to take it on, jump on the wagon, holler at me (pct at coffeeworksdesgn dot com) and I'll list you here. What say? Any movie buffs?